Fall is here, and what better way to kick it off than a hearty and delicious Vegan Taco Soup! This plant-based recipe is a must-try for both vegans and non-vegans alike (so don’t let the name deter you even if you regularly eat meat). It’s easy to make, filled with veggies, and bursting with flavor thanks to a medley of spices. File this one under “quick weeknight dinner”
Vegan Taco Soup
Per cup (250g): 210 Cals | 13P | 32C | 3F
- 13.5 oz bag Gardein Beefless Ground
- 12 oz bag cauliflower
- 3 cans (14.5 oz) stewed tomatoes
- 15 oz can black beans
- 15 oz pinto beans
- 2 15 oz cans chickpeas
- 15oz can whole kernel corn
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 tsp (10mL) lime juice
- 2 tbsp (10g) nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp (30g) minced garlic
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
Additional seasoning, to taste:
- sliced jalapeno
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
1. Drain the beans and corn
2. Add all ingredients except chickpeas, minced garlic and coconut oil to a large pan
3. Heat over low-medium heat, stirring often.
4. Slightly melt coconut oil in microwave for 10 seconds before adding to chickpeas and minced garlic in a food processor or blender.
5. Blend chickpeas until you have a thick paste
6. Add paste to pot of other ingredients and bring to a simmer before reducing to low heat for 25-30 minutes.
Looking for more recipes and macro-friendly food inspiration? Become a Stronger U member and join our members-only community!