Make Shrimp Fried Rice without “frying” a single thing! We’ve got a healthier (and easier to make and track!) twist on this traditional Asian dish that’s bursting with flavor. This Shrimp Air-Fried Rice recipe calls for an air-fryer instead of the traditional pan-frying method, making it lighter without sacrificing taste. (No air-fryer? No worries! We’ve got a pan-fry option, too!) You’ll get the ultimate combination of succulent shrimp, crisp vegetables, and fluffy rice, all cooked perfectly in an air fryer. Restaurant fried rice is undoubtedly delicious, but it also often comes with high amounts of oil, butter, and sodium. This DIY version skips out on the excess ingredients so you can stay on track while still enjoying every bite. Packed with a balance of lean protein, veggies, and balanced carbohydrates, this dish will become a go-to favorite for both weeknight dinners and entertaining guests.
Find this recipe and many others, in the Stronger U App, under “Recipes.”
SHRIMP AIR-FRIED RICE
Makes 2 servings
1/2 Recipe – 410 CALS | 32P | 54C | 6.5F
1 C (92g uncooked) Instant Rice, cooked and cooled
1 1/3 C (180g) Stir-Fry Vegetables
2 large eggs, whisked
6 oz cooked shrimp, thawed
2 tsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp (36g) Sweet & Tangy sauce (or your choice of sauce)
1. Add rice to 1 C water and microwave for 6 minutes. Add the soy sauce and stir well.
Place in the freezer or refrigerator to cool.
2. Once the rice has cooled, place in an air fryer (in a pan) with frozen stir-fry vegetables at 400 for 10 minutes.
3. Remove the rice from the air fryer and add the shrimp, sauce, and whisked eggs. Cook for an additional 5 minutes at 400.
4. Remove from the air fryer one final time, stir well, and cook for an additional 3 minutes at 400.
No air fryer? Use these pan-fry directions:
1. Follow step 1 before adding rice and veggies to a large skillet. Pan fry until crisp.
2. Fry eggs in a separate pan and add shrimp, sauce, and fried eggs to the rice. Heat until the shrimp is warm throughout.
Looking for more recipes and macro-friendly food inspiration? Become a Stronger U member and join our members-only community!