Your summer recipe arsenal is only complete with this High-Protein Southwest Coleslaw. The ideal combination of creamy, tangy, and chilled makes the best-ever accompaniment for your upcoming BBQs, pool days, and parties. Even better is its simple and quick prep, so you can spend more time enjoying your gatherings and less time in the kitchen. Save this one under “must-have summer side dishes.”
HIGH-PROTEIN SOUTHWEST COLESLAW
Per Serving: 23 Calories | 2.6P | 3C | 0F
Makes 8 ¼ C (58g) Servings
- 3/4 C (170g) Plain Fat-Free Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp (30mL) Apple Cider Vinegar (or your choice of vinegar)
- 1 Tbsp (15g) Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp (5mL) Lime Juice
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2-1 tsp Cayenne Pepper, to taste
- 2-4 Tbsp Low Cal Sweetener, to taste
- 8-12 oz Bagged Coleslaw or Broccoli Slaw
1. Mix all ingredients besides coleslaw in a large bowl until all spices are evenly mixed and no lumps remain.
2. Add coleslaw and toss until fully coated. (If you like your slaw dry, add more coleslaw mix.)
3. Refrigerate for a minimum of 30-60 minutes. Leave refrigerated for several hours for the best taste. This coleslaw should store for at least three days in the refrigerator.
Looking for more recipes and macro-friendly food inspiration? Become a Stronger U member and join our members-only community!