Anybody who is attending a holiday party this season knows that finding macro-friendly appetizers can be a challenge. Instead of waiting to see if there will be something for you to enjoy on the hosts table, bring your own! This festive and spicy salsa is about to be your favorite holiday staple. With the seasonal colors of red and green, this cranberry-filled dip can be enjoyed with vegetables, chips, or on top of a lean grilled meat.
The possibilities are endless with the festive favorite!
CRANBERRY JALAPENO SALSA
Yield: 12 servings Serving Size: 1⁄4 cup
- 12oz bag fresh cranberries
- 1⁄4 (40g) red onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp (28g) fresh orange juice (~1 orange)
- 1 Tbsp (5g) fresh orange zest (~1/2 orange)
- 2 (78g) jalapeños, minced (remove seeds to cut back on spice level)
- 1/3 cup (26g) fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup (79g) honey
- Pinch of salt
1. Rinse cranberries and pick out any mushy ones.
2. Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse/chop until desired consistency.
Serve with crackers or cinnamon sugar pita chips (you want a sturdy cracker!)
Store in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
Freeze up to 1 month but omit cilantro. Thaw a day or two before eating and mix in cilantro right before serving.
MACROS (per 1⁄4 cup)
Calories – 42 Carbohydrates – 10g Fat – 0g
Protein – 0g
Fiber – 1g
Sugar – 8g
Sodium – 194mg
Is Stronger U right for you?
Take our quiz to learn if Stronger U is right for you and get a free seven-day jumpstart plan!
Keep in touch!
Stay up-to-date with the latest news and updates from all things Stronger U.
By clicking Sign Up you're confirming that you agree with our Terms and Conditions.