Create a hassle-free fiesta in your kitchen with our Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas recipe! Slow cooked dinners are a great way to get your meal prepped and cooked ahead of time. They’re convenient when you’re working late or have evening kids’ activities to run out the door for. This recipe, yielding approximately ten servings, is a time-saving and nutritional powerhouse. Each serving is about 235 calories and boasts 33 grams of protein (yay for hitting your macros!). You can get creative and savor it over rice, wrap it in a tortilla, or enjoy it solo. Follow the simple directions, check out our pro tips for variations and you’ll have a delicious dinner ready to serve in a few hours.
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
Makes ~10 Servings (Divide total cooked weight by 10 to find the exact serving size in grams.)
Per 1/10 Recipe Serving: 235 Cals |33P | 19C | 3F
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (each) 15oz can black & pinto Beans
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- Onions & peppers (12 oz frozen or 4 c fresh, sliced)
- 1 packet fajita seasoning
- Optional (not included in macros shown): cilantro, avocado, and/or lime to taste
1. Add all ingredients to a slow cooker.
2. Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
3. When the chicken is cooked through, turn off heat and shred chicken with a fork.
4. If there’s more liquid than desired, use a perforated spoon or strainer to transfer the fajita mixture out of the liquid.
5. Serve over rice, in quesadillas or tacos, in burrito bowls, add the can of diced tomatoes for soup, or by itself (just be sure to track add-ons)
● If you’re adding peppers and onions straight from the freezer, you may want to drain the beans and Rotel to reduce the amount of water in the finished product.
● Chicken Fajita Soup option: Add one 15 oz can stewed tomatoes.
● If you’re using an Instant Pot, cook for 20 minutes on manual and quick-release pressure.
Looking for more recipes and macro-friendly food inspiration? Become a Stronger U member and join our members-only community!