Cheeseburger Stuffed Peppers
Get the taste of your favorite fast food… within your macros! Use brown rice for an added dose of fiber and top with your favorite burger toppings!
3 medium or 4 large (350g) bell peppers
1lb (454g) extra lean ground beef
½ medium (55g) yellow onion, finely chopped
½ cup (100g) cooked brown rice
2 tbsp (18g) finely chopped pickles
2 tsp (15g) garlic powder
2 tbsp (30g) mustard
2 tbsp (30g) ketchup
1 cup (113g) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Slice each bell pepper in half, removing the seeds and stem.
- In a large fry pan, brown the beef and onions until cooked through. Add the rice, garlic powder, mustard, and ketchup.
- Spoon the meat into the peppers. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese, baking for an additional 5-10 minutes or until melted.
- Top with additional pickles, if desired.
Sodium: 445 mg