A macro-friendly twist on a classic favorite.
Cheeseburgers are a quintessential staple in the American diet and are popular at tailgates, barbeques, and get-togethers. These Bacon Cheddar Burger Bites bring a macro-friendly twist to the classic favorite and, in our opinion, are more fun to eat! Quick, easy to make, and ideal for a savory snack or appetizer for parties, casual meals, or game days. They can be prepped ahead so you can enjoy them throughout the week when you’re short on time or on the go.
Bacon Cheddar Burger Bites
67 CALS | 6.7P |2.3C | 3.4F Per Burger Bite
Makes 24 Bites
- 1 lb Ground Beef, 93/7
- 6 slices Center Cut Bacon
- 1 C (112g) Shredded Cheddar
- 1/4 C (64g) Reduced-Sugar Ketchup
- 3 Tbsp (45g) Mustard
- 50-100g Pickles, diced
- 1/2 C (56g) Breadcrumbs
- 3/8 C (92g) Liquid Egg Whites
- Preheat oven to 400F and spray a 24-muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Pan fry bacon until crispy. Set aside.
- Add ground beef to your pan with remaining bacon grease. Cook until the beef is nearly cooked through. Drain the meat (rinsing optional) and add crumbled bacon. Remove from heat to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix remaining ingredients before adding cooled beef/bacon mixture. Stir.
- Transfer the mixture to the muffin tin. Bake for 23-25 minutes or until the tops of the burger bites are crispy, and the centers have very little moisture.
- Use fat-free or reduced fat cheddar to save calories
- Macros w/ fat-free cheese 54 CALS | 7P | 2C | 2F
Looking for more recipes and macro-friendly food inspiration? Become a Stronger U member and join our members-only community!