We are in the thick of winter all over the northern hemisphere and many macro counters are craving something warm and comforting to eat! We already know that soup can be a Stronger U member’s secret weapon, and we’re thrilled to offer you this protein-rich ultra-comforting bowl of bean and lentil chili.
This chili is fully customizable to make it work with your taste preferences, but it’s base of lentils and beef will help give you a protein-punch to help you meet your macros and stay full long after dinner.
Scroll down for the recipe!
Yield: 6 servings Serving Size: 1 cup
- 1lb lean ground beef (90/10)
- 1 medium yellow onion (178g), diced
- 4 cloves garlic (28g), minced
- 1 large zucchini (338g), finely shredded
- 1 cup (140g) mushrooms, finely diced
- 1 bell pepper (197g; any color), seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno (40g), seeded and diced
- 2-14.5oz (815g) cans fire-roasted tomatoes, not drained
- 1 cup (197g) lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1-15oz can (256g) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (480g) vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 1⁄2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepperDirections
- Brown ground beef in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, zucchini, mushrooms, bell pepper, and jalapeno. Cook until veggies havesoftened.
- Stir in seasonings.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for an hour, or until chili has reached desired thickness.
- Toppings: low-fat sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, reduced-fat cheddar cheese, and/or greenonions.
- Keep the jalapeno seeds for a spicier chili (or even use a spicier pepper if you like it really spicy!).
- You can use another cup of lentils in lieu of beef to make it vegan!MACROS (per cup)
Calories – 333 Carbohydrates – 40g Fat – 10g
Protein – 28g
Fiber – 13g
Sugar – 9g
Sodium – 1459mg