Last Updated 3/26/2020
Who we are
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information when you fill out a form or survey, sign up for a membership, submit an idea for an event, communicate with us via social media sites, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The information you may provide includes your name, email address, and other information provided in the membership signup.
When signing up for a Stronger U membership, you are also providing us with additional information. We collect and store this information about you in order to appropriately provide the Services we promise. This information includes your full name, email address, your phone number, your mailing address, your date of birth (and thus, your age), your gender and preferred pronouns, your height in feet and inches, your weight, how you heard about us (which may or may not include the names of family members or friends if submitted), and your occupation.
We also collect information about your goals and dieting history in order to match you with a Stronger U coach that best fits your needs. The information you provide may be shared with this coach during the onboarding process. Information about reaching your goals and your experience with tracking food intake is also collected, as this helps us gauge your history. We collect information about your current workouts in order to match you with a coach with similar experience. This information helps streamline the onboarding process so that a matched coach is up to speed with your information and history and can begin working with you as soon as possible.
Other Information About Your Use of the Services
When you use our website (https://strongeru.com), we collect the following information about you:
- Usage information: Whenever you use our Services, we collect anonymized usage information such as referral links and page history to trace visitor paths. None of this information is used in any way to identify you individually; it is used strictly to assist you in the user experience of the website.
- Log information: We collect standard log files when you use our Services, which include the type of web browser you use, access times and dates, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our website. This log information is used to enhance our Services by providing trace data regarding potential bugs or user issues. It also assists us in our security by providing us with data we can use to monitor and prevent malicious activity within our technological infrastructure.
- Device information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers ser by your device operating system, and mobile network information (like your connection type, carrier and region).
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services.
- Process transactions and fulfill membership signups.
- Send you transactional or relevant messages, such as receipts, notifications, customer service responses, and other administrative messages.
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Stronger U and others.
- Comply with local and federal law, such as by processing transactional records for tax filings.
Sharing of Information
- With companies and contractors that perform services for us, including email service providers, payment processors, fraud prevention vendors and other service providers;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our policies, if we believe you have violated the law, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Stronger U or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all of a portion of our business by another company;
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Stronger U employs third party services to track analytics on our website, and their associated privacy policies should be reviewed as well.
- Google Analytics: How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps, (located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/).
- Facebook Pixel: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
- Hotjar: https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy/
- Hubspot: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/what-cookies-does-hubspot-set-in-a-visitor-s-browser
Stronger U is based in the United States and processes information in the United States, which may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
The Stronger U website utilizes cookies to enhance user experience and to collect user data for marketing purposes. These tracking cookies can be disabled at any time under your cookie preferences.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account with Stronger U, or have submitted information through contact forms or support channels, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Site data is not collected within the European Union and thus may not be held to the same European data protection standards.
European data protection law requires data about European residents which is transferred outside the European Union to be safeguarded to the same standards as if the data was in Europe. As stated, the data you provide is shared with third party services in order to provide our Services to you.
Your contact information
If you have any questions or privacy related concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.