Last Updated 2022
Who we are
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information when you sign up for a membership, fill out a form or survey, submit an idea for an event, communicate with us via social media, email, webform, telephone or text, purchase services or merchandise, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The information you may provide includes your name, email address, and other information provided in the membership signup.
When signing up for a Stronger U membership, you also provide us with your full name, email address, phone number, mailing address, date of birth (and thus, your age), gender and preferred pronouns, height and weight, how you heard about us (which may include the names of family members or friends who referred you), and your occupation. When you sign up for membership, we also collect information that you provide about your goals, workout frequency and duration, dieting history and your experience with tracking food intake as this helps us gauge your history and match you with a Stronger U coach that suits your objectives and experience. This information helps streamline the onboarding process so that a matched coach is up-to-speed with your information and history and can begin working with you as soon as possible.
During your membership, we collect information that you provide through the Services, which may include, but is not limited to, information about your objectives, exercise level, nutritional intake, hunger levels, mood, and body processes, weight and body changes, as well as the communications through the Services between you and your coach. We do not review communications between members and coaches except in the event of a dispute, but we reserve the right to do so for purposes of improving the Services. If you wish, you also may provide and share photos and information, such as weight loss and body-size changes that reflect your progress
We collect and store this information about you to appropriately provide and improve the Services.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect about Use of the Services:
When you use our website (https://strongeru.com) or other aspects of the Services, we collect the following information about you:
- Usage information: Whenever you use our Services, we collect anonymized usage information, such as referral links and page history to trace visitor paths. None of this information is used in any way to identify you individually; it is used strictly to enhance the user experience of the website.
- Log information: We collect standard log files when you use our Services, which include the type of web browser you use, access times and dates, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our website. This log information is used to enhance our Services by providing trace data regarding potential bugs or user issues. It also assists us in our security by providing us with data we can use to monitor and prevent malicious activity within our technological infrastructure.
- Device information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers set by your device operating system, and mobile network information (like your connection type, carrier and region). If you enable location services for the online Services, we may collect geo-location data periodically as you use or leave open the Services and provide location-based content and services. We also may collect your location information from your IP address or zip code. We also may use location data internally or in conjunction with our third-party service providers to customize your experience and provide offers that may be relevant to you. Depending on the platform you use to access the online Services (e.g., Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, etc.), you may be able to control from within the settings on your wireless device whether location data is collected.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect from you to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services and customize your user experience with the Services;.
- Process transactions, membership signups and subscription billing;
- Assist you in using our Services;
- Send you transactional or relevant messages, such as receipts, notifications, customer service responses, and other administrative messages;
- Determine whether your device is supported and that it has enough room to run the Services, and to confirm the version of the Services installed on your device;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Stronger U and others; and
- Comply with local and federal law, such as by processing transactional records for tax filings.
Sharing of Information
- Service Providers. We may contract with companies or persons to provide certain services including email and CRM service providers, payment processing, shipping, customer service, third-party logistics, data analysis and management, promotional, marketing and research services, loyalty program administration, gift card management, administration of surveys and sweepstakes, marketing, detecting fraud or theft, and other services. We provide these service providers with the information necessary for them to perform these services for business purposes pursuant to written agreements and instructions specified by Stronger U.
- Mobile Carriers. If you access the Services through a device or app, we also may share your information with mobile carriers, operating systems and platforms.
Personal information about you may be shared, regardless of your “opt-out” status, in the following instances:
- Compliance with Law: Stronger U may release your personal information, and device identifiers (including IP address) and information about your usage of the Services if it is required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (1) comply with the law or comply with legal process served on Stronger U; (2) protect and defend the legitimate business interests, rights or property of Stronger U, its users, marketing partners, customers, or affiliates; (3) to verify or enforce our Terms and Conditions or other applicable policies; and (4) otherwise to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of third parties, users of the Services or the public.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Stronger U employs third-party services that automatically track and store data analytics when you interact with our Services. The business purpose behind the collection of such automated information is to help make the Services operate more efficiently and to provide analytical information about the use of the Services. Among the business purposes for which we collect such information is to analyze this data for preferences, trends, usage statistics and to recognize you on return visits. Other information collected through automated means may encompass usage data from your mobile phone or any other device you use to access the Services, including location data if you have provided express consent, which we may also combine with other information about you in order to enhance your experience using the Services.
Stronger U may use some technologies (collectively, “Tracking Technologies”), to gather personal information and non-personal information (which is any information that does not reveal your specific identity) automatically (or passively) whenever you visit or interact with the Services, including through the use of Google Analytics, cookies, device information and email interconnectivity.
The Stronger U website utilizes cookies to enhance user experience and to collect user data for marketing purposes. You may modify the settings for these cookies at any time through your cookie preferences.
Embedded content from third-party websites
Stronger U is based in the United States and processes information in the United States. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, Stronger U has put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to protect the information Stronger U collects online. Please understand, however, that while we try our best to safeguard your personally identifiable information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any social media or other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
You need to help protect the privacy of your own information, including maintaining the confidentiality of any account information or access credentials. You must take precautions to protect the security of any personally identifiable information that you may transmit over any public or untrusted network by using encryption and other techniques to prevent unauthorized persons from intercepting or receiving any of your personally identifiable information. You are responsible for the security of your information when using unencrypted, open access, public or otherwise unsecured networks.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident (“consumer”), the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) grants you the right to request that we disclose to you, upon our receipt from you of a verifiable request, the following:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
While California residents have the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information, Stronger U does not sell its members’ personal information, meaning that Stronger U does not share your personal information with third parties in exchange for money. California law defines “sale” very broadly, and so the sharing of information for advertising purposes may fall within its scope. While we do not share your personal information with third parties in exchange for money, we communicate certain information for business purposes with selected trusted service providers, acting under our instructions, in exchange for insights and other valuable services, to enhance your experiences with us, to improve our ability to serve you, and to keep you aware of our products, services, and offers. Under California law this could be considered a “sale,” and since our priority is to be transparent with you, we want to provide you with this explanation.
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request that we disclose to you, upon our receipt from you of a verifiable request, the categories of personal information that we have disclosed about you for a business purpose.
If you are a California resident, you also have the right under the CCPA to request the deletion of your Personal Information that we collect. All such requests are subject to verification according to methods determined by us. You may submit a request for the deletion of your Personal Information by sending an email to us at email@example.com or by submitting a “CCPA Request” through the Customer Support portion of the Stronger U app.
Even though we do not sell consumer Personal Information, if you are a California resident, you also have the right under the CCPA to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information. All such requests are subject to verification according to methods determined by us. You may submit an opt-out request by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “CCPA Opt Out Request, ” by submitting a “CCPA Request” through the Customer Support portion of the Stronger U app or by clicking the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link on the Website.
Upon our receipt of a request by a California resident to exercise rights under the CCPA, we first must verify that the person making a request is the consumer about whom we have collected information. Accordingly, we will ask you to confirm your postal address and the name of the coach on your account and we may ask for additional information you previously provided to us that may be in our records, and we also may request a copy of your valid government-issued identification. If the request to exercise rights under the CCPA is initiated by a coach, we will ask you to confirm the last four digits of your Social Security Number and date of birth.
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA. However, nothing prohibits us from charging a consumer a different price or rate, or from providing a different level or quality of goods or services to the consumer, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to the consumer by the consumer’s data.
You may exercise any of the California Privacy Rights described in this section by sending such a request to us by email. We may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request. Consistent with California law, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide a valid power of attorney, a copy of your valid government-issued identification and your authorized agent’s valid government-issued identification.
Please note that we are not required to comply with a California resident’s request to delete personal information if it is necessary for us to maintain the Personal Information in order to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by the consumer, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with the consumer, or otherwise perform a contract between us and the consumer.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if the consumer has provided informed consent.
- To enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with the expectations of the consumer based on the consumer’s relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Otherwise use the consumer’s personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which the consumer provided the information.
We will begin to process your request within 30 days of our receipt.
NEVADA PRIVACY RIGHTS
For Nevada residents, please note that we do not sell personal information as defined by Nevada law. Nevertheless, you have the right to submit a request directing us not to sell any of your personal information. To request email confirmation that we do not sell your personal information, please email your request to us at email@example.com and specify in the subject “Nevada Privacy Information Request” or by submitting a “CCPA Request” through the Customer Support portion of the app.
OPTING-OUT, CORRECTIONS AND CANCELLATIONS
To opt out of receiving marketing emails from us, follow the unsubscribe instructions located near the bottom of each email, or email your unsubscribe request to firstname.lastname@example.org. For the avoidance of doubt, it is important to understand that this opt-out shall not prohibit any disclosures made for non-marketing purposes.
Stronger U Nutrition
Attn: Privacy Information
111 Weir Dr
Woodbury, MN 55125