Stronger U Nutrition Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice describes how Stronger U Nutrition® LLC, including its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, volunteers, agents and authorized representatives including independent contractors (collectively, “Stronger U,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) collects, uses, shares, and protects personal information. This Privacy Notice also tells you about your rights and choices with respect to your personal information, and how you can reach us to get answers to your questions.
You can jump to particular topics by going to the headings below:
Information We Collect
We collect information about you in a variety of ways depending on how you interact with us and our websites, mobile applications, products, and services, including:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, such as when you register for an account, sign up to receive communications from us, make a purchase, or contact us by phone, email, or otherwise.
- From other sources, including, for example, our affiliates, business partners, service providers, online social media networks, and other third parties, or from publicly available sources. For example, if you submit a job application or an application for a franchise, we may conduct a background check.
The following provides examples of the type of information that we collect in a variety of contexts and how we use that information.
|Types of Information
|Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Information
|When you create an account or register for our services, we collect your name, contact information (such as your email address, and phone number), profile username and password. We also collect information relating to the actions that you perform while logged into your account.
|We have a legitimate interest in providing account related functionalities to our users.
|Cookies and First-Party Tracking
|We have a legitimate interest in making our website operate efficiently.
|Cookies and Third-Party Tracking
|We may place tracking technology on our website that collects analytics, records how you interact with our website, or allows us to participate in behavior-based advertising. This means that a third party uses technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website so that they can report analytics to us or provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests. That third party might also collect information over time and across different websites in order to serve advertisements on our website or other websites. See our Cookie Settings for more information.
|Where required by law, we base the use of third-party cookies upon consent.
|We engage in targeted advertising by finding audiences that resemble our existing consumer base (referred to as "lookalike audiences”). We do this by (a) converting your email address into identifiers (either by us or using a third-party organization) and/or (b) using personal identifiers to thereafter find audiences that look like our consumers.
|Where required by law, we base using email addresses, home addresses and/or other identifiers in this way upon consent.
|We engage with another organization to use a rule-based machine learning (“ML”) framework for engagement and retention.
|Where required by law, we base using any applicable identifiers in this way upon consent.
|We collect personal information, such as your age or location.
|We have a legitimate interest in understanding our users and providing tailored services.
|When you use one of our mobile applications we collect your location from the GPS, Wi-Fi, and/or cellular technology in your device to determine your location and your distance from a location which offers our services.
|We have a legitimate interest in understanding our users and providing tailored services. In some contexts our use is also based upon your consent to provide us with geo location information.
|Inquiries, Comments, and Feedback
|If you contact us, we will collect your name and contact information (such as email address), as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to reply.
|We have a legitimate interest in receiving, and acting upon, your feedback or issues.
|When you sign up for one of our mailing lists, we collect your email address or postal address (as applicable).
|We share information about our products and services with individuals that consent to receive such information, where required by law. We also have a legitimate interest in sharing information about our products or services.
|We collect information from your mobile device such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device when visiting our website or when visiting one of our locations.
|We have a legitimate interest in identifying unique visitors, and in understanding how users interact with us on their mobile devices.
|Mobile Application Integrations
|We collect information through integrations with HealthKit™, Google Fit™ and/or MyFitnessPal™ (in limited circumstances), to allow us to personalize your app experience, to allow our coaches to measure your progress and adjust programming, and for other related uses.
|We base mobile application integrations upon consent.
|We collect your name, mailing address, billing address, email address, phone number, and credit card number when you make a purchase.
|We use your information to perform our contract to provide you with products or services.
|We collect information that you provide as part of a co-branded promotion with another company.
|We have a legitimate interest in fulfilling our promotions.
|If you are a prospective employee or employee, we may collect detailed information such as your first name, last name, email address, phone number, address, and related information to evaluate your qualifications for employment. This may include, among other things, your Social Security Number. Providing this information is required to be considered for employment.
|In some contexts, we are required by law to collect information about potential employees or applicants. We also have a legitimate interest in using your information to have efficient staffing and work force operations.
|Public Health and Safety
|In certain situations where a serious public health threat has been identified, we may collect information from employees, guests, and other individuals accessing our facilities. This may include medical and health information, such as body temperature, symptoms, and underlying health conditions.
|We have a legitimate interest in protecting the health and safety of our employees and guests. In some jurisdictions we may be required by law, regulation, or governmental order to collect and retain information related to issues of public health and safety. We have a legitimate interest in complying with the laws in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
|When you participate in a survey, we collect information that you provide through the survey. If the survey is provided by a third party service provider, the third party's Privacy Notice applies to the collection, use, and disclosure of your information.
|We have a legitimate interest in understanding your opinions, and collecting information relevant to our organization.
|Sweepstakes or Contests
|When you participate in a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotional activity, we collect information about you which includes contact information to notify you if you are selected.
|We have a legitimate interest in operating our sweepstakes, contests, and other promotional activities. In some contexts, we are also required by law to collect information about those that enter into our sweepstakes, and we have a legitimate interest in complying with those laws.
|We use technology to monitor how you interact with our website. This may include which links you click on, or information that you type into our online forms. This may also include information about your device or browser.
|We have a legitimate interest in understanding how you interact with our website to better improve it, and to understand your preferences and interests in order to select offerings that you might find most useful. We also have a legitimate interest in detecting and preventing fraud.
|When you visit our website, we automatically collect certain information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when the internet is used), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors. In limited circumstances, this information may be shared with other organizations (such as A/B testing organizations) that help us monitor the visitors to our websites.
|We have a legitimate interest in monitoring our networks and the visitors to our websites. Among other things, it helps us understand which of our services is the most popular.
Please note, some of the information described above is mandatory for the performance of certain services, and if not provided, you may not be able to utilize or participate in some of our online services or features.
How We Use Information
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use information in the following ways:
- To identify you when you visit our websites or any of our locations.
- To provide products and services or to process returns or refunds.
- To process payments (using a third-party payment processing vendor).
- To create and manage your account and/or membership
- To improve our websites, mobile applications, services, and product offerings.
- To conduct analytics and research.
- To communicate with you, such as to respond to and/or follow-up on your requests, inquiries, issues, or feedback.
- To send you electronic communications you have requested, such as text messages, push notifications, notifications through our mobile application or through your mobile device.
- To send marketing and promotional materials including information relating to our products, services, sales, or promotions, or those of our business partners.
- To develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests and preferences.
- To detect and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent,
or illegal activity, including violation of our policies and terms and conditions, security incidents, and harm to the rights, property, or safety of our company and our users, employees, or others.
- To debug, identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of our website and services.
- To comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, to establish or exercise our rights, and to defend against a legal claim.
- For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationships.
- For such other purposes as you may consent (from time to time).
Although the sections above describe our primary purpose in collecting your information, in many situations we have more than one purpose. For example, if you complete an online purchase, we may collect your information to perform our contract with you, but we also collect your information as we have a legitimate interest in maintaining your information after your transaction is complete so that we can quickly and easily respond to any questions about your order. As a result, our collection and processing of your information is based in different contexts upon your consent, our need to perform a contract, our obligations under law, and/or our legitimate interest in conducting our business.
To the extent we maintain and use personal information in a deidentified form, we will not attempt to reidentify the information, except for the purpose of determining whether our deidentification processes satisfy our legal obligations.
How We Share Information
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this Privacy Notice, we may disclose personal information in the following situations:
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may share information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires, or plans to acquire, our company, business, or our assets, we will also share information with that company, including at the negotiation stage.
- Business Partners. We may share information with our business partners with whom we collaborate or work with to provide specific services to you.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws or regulations. We may also disclose your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies.
- Partner Promotion. We may offer contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions with third-party partners. If you decide to enter a contest, sweepstakes, or promotion that is sponsored by a third-party partner, the information that you provide will be shared with us and with them. Their use of your information is not governed by this Privacy Notice.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to maintain our website and/or mobile applications, conduct analytics, administer surveys, provide technical support, process payments, assist with customer services, and manage direct marketing programs on our behalf.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may disclose your information to other third parties when we have your consent or direction to do so.
Some jurisdictions give you a right to make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Access To Your Personal Information. You may request access to your personal information or confirmation that we have information about you. In certain limited circumstances, you may also request to receive access to your data in a portable, machine-readable format.
- Changes To Your Personal Information. You may ask us to correct information that is inaccurate or incomplete. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. We rely on you to update and correct your personal information. You may edit or deactivate your account information or account at any time by signing into your account on the website or mobile application and navigating through your settings. If our website or mobile application does not permit you to update or correct certain information, you can contact us at the address described below in order to request that your information by modified.
- Deletion Of Your Personal Information. You may request that we delete your personal information. If required by law, we will grant a request to delete information, but you should note that in many situations we must keep your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another business purposes.
- Opt-out of Sharing for Targeted Advertising. You may opt-out of online tracking based targeted advertising (e.g., cookies) by clicking the Cookie Settings link here which is on our homepage. Please note that if you change browsers or computers, or if you clear your browser’s cache, you may need to click the link again to apply your preference. You may also opt-out of other forms of targeted advertising (such as using your information for lookalike audiences) by submitting a request via the “Do Not Sell or Share My Information” button in our online portal.
- Objection to or Restriction of Certain Processing. In certain limited circumstances, you may object to or restrict our processing of your personal information.
- Revocation Of Consent. Where we process your personal information based upon consent, you may revoke consent. Please note, if you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information then we may no longer be able to provide you services.
- Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize the “Do Not Track” signal.
- Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in emails that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service related communications.
- Promotional Mailings. Where applicable to our business, if at any time you do not want to receive offers and/or circulars from us you can remove yourself from our mailing lists by emailing us (our contact information is below) with “NO SNAIL MAIL” in the subject line along with your name, address, and zip code. Please note that our mailings are prepared in advance of their being sent. Although we will remove your name from our mailing list after receiving your request, you may still receive mailings from us that had been initiated prior to your name being removed.
- Promotional Text Messages. If you receive a text message from us that contains promotional information you can opt-out of receiving future text messages by replying “STOP.”
Please note, not all of the rights described above are absolute, and they do not apply in all circumstances. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request because the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity. We will not discriminate against individuals who exercise their privacy rights under applicable law.
You may exercise the rights described above through our online portal or by contacting us as indicated in the “Contact Information” section below. If you are a California resident, you may also call our toll-free number at (877) 438-5005. If we refuse to honor a request, you may appeal our refusal by contacting us with the subject line “Appeal.”
Note that, as required by law, we will require you to prove your identity. We may verify your identity by phone call or email. Depending on your request, we will ask for information such as your name, email address and telephone number. Following a request, we will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you in our files.
In some circumstances, you may designate an authorized agent to submit requests to exercise certain privacy rights on your behalf. If you are an authorized agent submitting a request on behalf of an individual, you must attach a copy of a completed Authorized Agent Designation Form indicating that you have permission to act on another person’s behalf.
How We Protect and Retain Information
No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Some of our websites and mobile applications permit you to create an account. When you do you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
We retain your personal information for only as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of the information, the purposes for which we obtained the information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, as well as applicable legal requirements.
For your convenience, we may provide links to websites and other third-party content or services that we do not own or operate. The websites and third-party content to which we link may have separate privacy notices or policies. Please note, we have no control over the privacy practices websites, or services that we do not own. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party website or application for details about such third party’s privacy practices.
Changes To This Privacy Notice
Our Privacy Notice includes an “effective” and “last updated” date. The effective date refers to the date that the current version took effect. The last updated date refers to the date that the current version was last substantively modified.
Our websites and online services are not intended for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 16, without parental consent. Children under the age of 13 should not provide their personal information to us.
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices, or if you need to access this Privacy Notice in an alternative format due to having a disability, please contact us at the appropriate address below. We will attempt to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information.
Stronger U Nutrition
Attention: Privacy Department
111 Weir Drive
Woodbury, Minnesota 55125
Additional Information For California Residents
California law requires us to disclose the following additional information related to our privacy practices. If you are a California resident, the following privacy disclosures apply to you in addition to the rest of the Privacy Notice.
- California Shine the Light. If you would like more information concerning the categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for those parties to use for direct marketing, please submit a written request to us using the information in the Contact Information section above.
- California Notice of Financial Incentive. We offer programs that provides certain perks, such as rewards, discounts, and exclusive offers (the “Loyalty Programs”). When you sign up for a Loyalty Program, we will ask you to provide your name, email address, and in some cases your telephone number. Under California law, our Loyalty Programs might be interpreted as “financial incentive” programs as they involve the collection of personal information. We do not assign a monetary value to the information we collect. Based on our reasonable estimate, the value of your personal information to us is related to the value of the expense related to the offer. This value is based on the expense related to offering those free or discounted products or services. You may withdraw from participating in a Loyalty Program at any time by contacting us at the address described in the Loyalty Program terms and conditions. Visit the Loyalty Program Terms to view full program rules, including how to join.
|Category of Personal Information
|Category of Recipients
|Disclosures for a Business Purpose
|Sharing for Cross-Context Behavioral Advertising
|Identifiers – this may include real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
|Government Issued Identification – this may include social security number, driver’s license number, or state issued identification number, passport number from our job applicants or franchisee applicants.
|Financial Information – this may include bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, and other financial information.
|Health Related Information – this may include wellness information, mental or physical condition or treatment.
|Commercial information – this may include information about products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
|Internet or other electronic network activity information – this may include browsing history, search history, and information regarding an individual’s
interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
|Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information
|Inferences drawn from any of the information listed above
|Additional categories of personal information described in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)) – this may include signature and physical characteristics or description.
- California Sensitive Information Disclosure. We collect the following categories of sensitive personal information (as defined under
California law): Social security, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number; precise geolocation; and personal information concerning a consumer’s health and wellness. This information is collected in order to locate the nearest business, provide tailored services, evaluate job applicants or franchise applicants, manage our business, or otherwise provide you with services.
Note that we do not use such information for any purposes that are not identified within the California Privacy Rights Act Section 1798.121. We do not “sell” or “share” sensitive personal information for purposes of cross-context behavioral advertising.
Effective Date: July 20, 2023
Last Update: July 20, 2023